Disturb-ing-ia

I watched Disturbia the other day, and while it wasn't a bad movie, the acting was actually fairly good, the cookie cutter plot and been there done that sense I get from these kinds of movies keeps me from saying it is actually a good film. Though it is not below average and not a complete waste of time, there are many other things I would find more interesting to occupy myself with. The lack of any sense of creativity in Hollywood these days seems to stem from movies like this one which did fairly well at the box office and got decent critical reviews. People have actually come to expect less seemingly and are not wanting to be challenged when they go to see a movie. True, that the mainstream Hollywood film is meant to entertain it is sad that few actually challenge or create any sense of having to engage the movie. There is no sense of I wonder what that would be like, or relation to the character on the viewers behalf. This makes no sense to me where there are many talented people out there who could do much better. The is not such a lack of creativity and ideas that we have reached the bottom of the barrel. So please challenge yourself to try and do better, think smarter and realize that the all mighty dollar is a curse to this industries actual achievement as an art form.

No comments: