A blast from the Past...

The reality of Hollywood is that it is a business and so they try to make money however they can. The recent rash of rehashing old concepts and nostalgic 80's memories proves this theory, at least for me. The release of the live action Transformers movie, the upcoming Reboot and Thundercats movies also will try to cash in on series past. There was also the release of the animated TMNT which I thought was a nice addition to the franchise as was actually a pretty good movie. This being said I do like thinking about these fond memories from childhood, I was only very young when the first Transformers movie came out, but nonetheless I still remember these series and I hope that they will be done justice on the silver screen. Which brings me to another point, I have spent a lot of time lately watch the spiderman animated series and X-men animated series from the early 90's that Fox did, and I wonder why the movies were no where near as good as the show. These were great shows and I think Marvel should make some animated films, other than the Avengers and Iron Man ones they have already done to help boost their image. The other thing that should be mentioned is that technology has allowed for them to do live action movies of subjects they never would have dreamed of before which is why they are now revisiting ideas long past...maybe they aren't as dumb as we think.

No comments: