Some things shouldn't be missed

Living in Ottawa I have the good fortune to be able to skate on the Rideau Canal, and I wouldn't miss it for the world. Where else is the length you skate measured in kilometers and not feet? It seems like you can go on forever and ever. There are many things to check out when skating here during winterlude, such as the sculptures downtown, or the snow sculptures at Dow's Lake. There are thousands of people who flood the city every year to enjoy this one of a kind experience. There are plenty of great views of the Parliament buildings, and you can stop and grab a beaver tale if you get hungry. If you have never been, I suggest you get out there and have a great time while you still can.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shouldn't it be "kilometers and not meters"? It seems strange that we would need to throw a conversion into our measurment - just because. However, I agree with you, although, I do admit that I haven't gone skating this year yet... I'm busy doing garbage that I will probably regret when I'm old, grey and in a rocking chair... woe is me...

-Dave