Style Over Substance?

My buddies Casey and Aaron got to talking about Nissan vs. other sports cars on their Podcast the other day - The ETC Podcast - Entertainment, Technology and Cars - check it out! - and so it got me to thinking about various types of sports cars. You see I like the look of cars like Audi's and more so BMW's. Cars that have a lot of value for what you pay and are very fast and handle very well, Audi even offers four wheel drive in most models. And I was thinking, what would I get if I could get whatever the hell I wanted? Would I splurge and get a flashier vehicle like a Ferrari or a Porsche, even a Lamborghini, or would I go the more conventional route. Not that the Z3 doesn't have middle aged men with more money then brains pretending they're James Bond, but I think there is a lot to be said for a car like the BMW. Artistically and stylistically. Sure it's not flashy and a work of art like others, and this more mundane yet durable approach would go well with my personality compared to a Ferrari F430 or Enzo, but it has a lot of bang for the buck, not that I know the specs off the top of my head like say Aaron would, but I happen to think that it looks great, is a lot more practical, not that you consider that when you buy a sports car...but anyway, an M3 or M5 would be my pick if I could by whatever I wanted. Of course a Bugatti Veron would be cool too...but who needs to drive 270Mph anyway...

No comments: