Possible Pens Persuasion...?

Other than writing, one of my most favorite past times, most likely due to my paranoia, or that's what they say, is to examin my own delusional conspiracy theories. This leads me to the NHL playoffs and the Sens-Pens series. The NHL is a league that is certainly struggling in certain markets in the USA, so to have a highly marketable team like the Pittsburgh Penguins do well is exactly what the doctor ordered. The fact is that this could certainly lead to them getting the benefit of the calls when it comes to officiating. This comes at the expense of my beloved Sens. True, Pittsburgh has been the better team and is one of the most dangerous teams in the league upfront, and Marc Andre Fleury has earned his stripes this year, but this doesn't excuse the fact that they got the breaks last night and the night before that, and well, most games I have seen them play this year. Which has been more than enough to make this statement, NHL centre Ice package is awesome!, but I digress. This is not simply the rambling of a die hard Sens fan looking for excuses, the team is to far gone lately for that, so this is about the integrity of the game. Before I continue, in this overly litigious society of ours, I am not accusing anyone of fixing the games, merely that it is more convenient for the league to have Pittsburgh doing well and earning some meager TV ratings, as opposed to a strong hockey market like Ottawa, where fans will support regardless. This only goes to support my theory that Gary Betman hates Canada, but that's been discussed. Last night the Pens, hacked, clutched, grabbed, and well anything else they could think of to win. Which is fine with me, if it's called fairly both ways. Which it certainly wasn't. So, I leave you to mull over the facts for yourself, create your own unique theories and to quote Red Green, keep your stick on the ice!

No comments: