Do I want to be famous??

The plights, misdeeds and many odd goings on in celebrity land lately got me thinking, is it really worth the attention. Not only are famous singers and actors in the news these days, but the sports world seems to be collapsing lately too. Weather it's fixing games, dog fighting, sexual abuse, drugs/booze, there is no end to the exploits of the rich and famous. Granted incidents like the Stall brothers getting drunk and rowdy at a bachelor party only made the news because they are famous. True, their behaviour was not commendable but certainly not reprehensible. Maybe because I have a bias, I love hockey, but there are few who can say they never had a few to many and acted like a fool as a result. But they didn't go out drinking and driving, or bet with the mafia to fix games. These incidents are far to common lately in the celebrity world. Lindsay Lohan, Nicole Ritchie, Paris Hilton and the like are no role models and ought to be stripped of any influence or power over others as these people show no regard for their position in society. Weather they like it or not they are in the public eye, and though I have no idea what that pressure is like, or can do to a persons state of mind, (though I wouldn't mind terribly) I certainly think they can at least try to behave themselves and act like normal people. David Beckham and wife Victoria recently moved to LA and even the world famous Beckham was overwhelmed by the attention put on them. He noted they had over forty cars following them watching their every move. Is it just me or does this seem unnecessary? I am the first to admit that gossip can be entertaining and I do pay attention to these things if they seem interesting, but this is simply a sign of how far we have sunk a s a society. Yes my point of view has been stated before, countless times, but it just seems to me like it will never get better, which is a shame because there is a lot of good that gets overlooked in this world for stupid nonsense like this...not my blog of course. But, who am I to comment, who cares what I think right, after all, I'm just me....

No comments: