Interest and Omissions

OK, so here is a video I promised my buddy Yaseen I'd post a link to. It is a sorta artsy piece, well, actually that's all it is, but it's pretty cool, and the video is actually linked on the website of Anne Brune who sang the song you hear in the video, which I think says a lot. He filmed it with a mac, and I gotta say the quality isn't bad considering the hardware...Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYGdw6KEcpU

Now, for the Omissions part. I wrote a post a little while ago about threequals this summer. I have seen two of them, Spiderman and Pirates, and enjoyed both. I forgot to include Ocean's Thirteen and the Bourne Ultimatum in that post, which bring the total of threequals due out this year to no less than six. Now, we could be negative, and callus and point out the lack of creativity or originality in the mainstream movie industry and the countless number of terrible movies that are spewed at us like sharp pieces of vomit, but instead we should look at the success of these franchises and realize that movie execs realize when they have a winner, and something that can make a profit for them, and squeeze it for every last thin dime, like a fat kid licking his plate. Point being, these franchises are for the most part entertaining, if not though provoking or artistic, and that is what popcorn is all about.

No comments: