EXemplary or EXcrament?

I was leafing through various papers and online websites the other day, and noticed the reviews for the new movie, The EX. I had seen the trailer and it looked pretty fun, maybe not a classic but could be worthwhile. Well, no I don't know what to think. This film has received more mixed reviews than almost any other I have ever come across. People seem to love it or hate it. No middle ground. It was said to work, or to not work. Not come across OK, or had its moments. No, it was liked or disliked. Plain and simple. Black or White. This intrigued me, as not many movies today seem to inspire this kind of mixed reaction. Most are widely hated, or widely loved, not somewhere in between. Most films appeal or try to to a wide audience leading to lots of so so reviews. Now, I love Scrubs and Zach Braff does a great job in it, and Jason Bateman is great in Arrested Development. And Amanda Peet....well, she's just hot. Nough said. Anyway, this possibility could work. Or so I though, but now, I am not sure, guess I'll just have to go see it and find out. If you have, let me know what you think.

No comments: