...No, still nothing....

OK, so after a brief Thanksgiving hiatus and several days off of work that proved to be very productive I am back. I can hear the sarcastic applause already. Regardless, it was during this time that I discovered a big problem with being a writer...writers block. I have several scripts that I am currently working on and in an attempt to make my work more efficient and set goals for myself I decided to focus on several and get them done by a certain date. Well there is one problem with that, what happens when you can't think of anything to write? I have the scripts developed and more than half done, and a rough idea for how the one should go but I still need to fill in the gaps and this is proving to be most difficult. I went for a walk the other night and a a great idea that I thought would eat up a lot of space, well the idea worked well but only took up a small portion of what I needed. So how to cure writers block? I will not turn to narcotics as some have suggested if only for the risk of forgetting what I was supposed to right, no alcohol though it did prove helpful this past weekend. I guess time is really the only sure and not over thinking. I stress a lot at such thinks and encountering it is very tough, especially when it has never really happened as such before. Regardless, I will press on as doing nothing doesn't seem like a reasonable alternative either...maybe that's why people blog...

No comments: